Notes are processed and indicate in TEAMS no later than 48 hrs.
Per district policy, parent excuse notes will only be accepted within 48 hours of the absence. Notes that are turned in outside of this window must be reviewed by the student’s assistant principal.
There are four options for submitting an excuse note:
- Parent/Guardian may complete the excuse note online by clicking HERE.
- Parent/Guardian may send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Parent/Guardian full name
- Student full name (No nick names please)
- ID number
- Date + class period missed
- Parent/Guardian may send a written note with the student to front office, with the information mentioned above.
- Notes need to be written in ink only (no pencil) Notes are kept for 5 years and need to be legible.
- Please remind your student when turning in a note to date/time stamp it and turn it into the red box in the front office.
- Parent/Guardian may fax a note to (512) 292- 0527, with the information mentioned above.
NOTE: Phone calls are not required to report an absence in advance, per policy we can’t address absences in advance.
You will receive an automatic phone call out from AISD that your student was absent.
***We DO NOT accept phone calls or voicemail messages as documentation for a student's absence.***