CHECK-OUT PROCEDURE - Parents should follow the steps below to check out their child from school for an appointment or other reason:
- Park in the short-term visitor parking along the front curb near the canopy
- Enter the main office and present driver's license
- The office staff will complete the checkout process to document the student's departure from campus
- The office staff will call for your child from class or send a staff member to retrieve them
CHECK-IN PROCEDURE - When arriving late to campus or returning from an appointment, students should check-in at the main office with a note from their parent or doctor before returning to class.
DRIVING PASS - If a student needs to drive off-campus for an appointment, illness, etc., please follow the information below:
- Self-check outs are only allowed for students aged 19+ with his/her Drivers License
- Parent/Guardian may send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (please email both to be sure your request will be processed) include the following five pieces of information:
- Parent/guardian full name
- Student full name and ID number
- Time and reason to be released
- Mode of transportation
- Include this statement in your email: I (parent/guardian name) give permission to my student (student name) to leave campus and will not hold James Bowie High School and Austin ISD liable or responsible.
- We ask that this email must be received at least 2 hours prior to the requested release. Release of the student is not guaranteed without a 2-hour notice. Please consider travel time.
- The students will need to go to the front office to sign out.