High School Grade Level Classification
Grade-level advancement for students in grades 9-12 shall be determined by course credits. Credits are earned by meeting the minimum passing standard average of 70 at the end of each course and meeting the 90% attendance rule; credits may be awarded through yearlong averaging. Speak with the registrar if you have questions about your classification.
- 9th grade requires promotion from the 8th grade and 0-4.5 credits.
- 10th grade requires completion of a minimum of 5.0 credits.
- 11th grade requires completion of a minimum of 10.0 credits.
- 12th grade requires completion of a minimum of 15.0 credits
- Denied credit(NCs), including those denied due to excessive absences, are not included when factoring credit totals. NOTE: Once the requirements are met for recovering credit, the student's grade classification will be changed at the next ranking period in accordance with AISD policy;
- Credit totals are based on all awarded credits, including local credits and repeated credits.