STEP 1: Before beginning the new student enrollment process, please review the following guidelines:
- To enroll at James Bowie High School the child’s legal parent or guardian must reside within Bowie's attendance zone or have received an approved transfer from AISD Office of Student Services.
- A student younger than 18 must be accompanied and enrolled by a parent or a legal guardian.
- Students over the age of 21 cannot be enrolled unless the student receives Special Education services.
- Students who previously graduated from a high school cannot be enrolled.
- Anyone who is not a parent as indicated on the birth certificate, must have guardianship. Guardianship is established through the Courts or through the Office of Student Services at 512-414-2033.
- If the student has a parent residing in the Austin ISD attendance zone, the student has to be enrolled at the address of the parent and that parent cannot give guardianship to another individual without it being court ordered.
- Host families of Foreign Exchange Students also must have guardianship from the Office of Student Services.
- A step-parent cannot enroll a student unless the step-parent has a notarized statement from the parent giving permission to act on the parent’s behalf or some other type of legal documentation giving them guardianship.
- If a parent/guardian and student are residing with another person at their home within Bowie’s attendance zone, they must provide a Declaration of Residence (DoR). These forms are accepted after August 1st for the next school year. The DoR must be signed by both parties in front of a notary or in front of one of the Bowie Registrars. Both parties must provide a copy of their driver’s license and the proof of address must be in the homeowner or leasee’s name.
STEP 2: Parents/Guardians should complete the online registration forms before contacting Bowie registrar to complete the enrollment process. To access the online registration forms:
- Go to austinisd.org to create your AISD Parent Cloud Account (click HERE for directions).
- Click on the AISD Student Registration tile on the AISD Parent Cloud desktop and complete the forms provided.
STEP 3: Contact the Bowie registrar who works with your child’s alpha group to make an appointment (click HERE for contact information). Bring the following with you to the appointment:
- Proof of Residency: At the time of registration, proof of residency must be provided to the District in the form of one of the following. If the student lives with a parent or guardian who owns or rents the residence in the District, the following proof of residency must be provided.
The parent or guardian must present a valid driver's license or other acceptable picture ID AND:
a.) a current signed lease agreement or
b.) the most recent tax receipt, which indicates that the property is a homestead or
c.) the most recent (within 45 days) utility bill (power, gas, or water) with printed information including the service address and the adult's name or
d.) the most recent (within 45 days) mortgage payment receipt and printed information including the address and the adult's name or
e.) documentation indicating that the student's family will occupy a residence that has been purchased within 45 days of the student's enrollment date (further documentation may be required to be submitted).
- If a student is enrolling from out of the State of Texas, they must have all of the current immunizations before they can be enrolled. Within the State of Texas, they will have 30 days to produce these documents.
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Withdrawal Documents from previous school
- Unofficial transcript or last report card
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
STEP 4: Request a Chromebook for your child using the Technology Distribution tile in the AISD Parent Cloud. For assistance with AISD technology, contact the AISD Service Desk at 512-414-5247, email Bowie’s technology manager Cara Hollandsworth (email@example.com), or reference Bowie Tech Tips or Bowie Tech Camp.