New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment Requirements
- Parents/Guardians should complete the online registration paperwork before coming into Bowie to complete the enrollment process. You can access online registration via the AISD Parent Cloud at my.austinisd.org and clicking the AISD Student Registration tile on the Cloud desktop. (While in the cloud, please select the Chromebook Consent Form tile and complete the required form).
- A student younger than 18 must to be accompanied and enrolled by a parent/legal guardian. A step-parent cannot enroll a student unless the step-parent has a notarized statement from the parent giving them permission to act on the parent’s behalf or some other type of LEGAL documentation giving them guardianship.
- We cannot enroll students over the age of 21 unless the student receives Special Education services.
- We cannot enroll students who have previously graduated from any high school.
- Anyone who is not a parent, indicated on the birth certificate, must have guardianship. Guardianship is established through the Courts or through the Office of Student Services with Minerva Cervantes at 512-414-2033, 1111 W. 6th Street, Bldg A. If the student has a parent residing in the Austin ISD attendance zone, the student has to be enrolled at the address of the parent and that parent cannot give guardianship to another individual without it being court ordered. Host families of Foreign Exchange Students also must have guardianship from Minerva Cervantes.
- Proof of Residency: At the time of registration, proof of residency must be provided to the District in the form of one of the following. If the student lives with a parent or guardian who owns or rents the residence in the District, the following proof of residency must be provided. 1. The parent or guardian must present a valid driver's license or other acceptable picture ID AND: a.) a current lease agreement; b.) the most recent tax receipt, which indicates that the property is a homestead; c.) the most recent (within 45 days) utility bill with printed information including the address and the adult's name; d.) the most recent (within 45 days) mortgage payment receipt and printed information including the address and the adult's name; or e.) documentation indicating that the student's family will occupy a residence that has been purchased or leased within 45 days of the student's enrollment date (further documentation may be required to be submitted).
- If a student is enrolling from out of the State of Texas, they must have all of the current immunizations before they can be enrolled. Within the State of Texas, they will have 30 days to produce these documents. To review required immunizations go to austinisd.org and follow the link to immunizations.
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Withdrawal Documents from previous school
- Unofficial transcript or last report card
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
To enroll at James Bowie High School you must reside within Bowie's attendance zone or have received an approved transfer from AISD Office of Student Services.