- Meals are free for all students without collecting household meal benefit applications.
- AISD will not collect meal benefit applications from any campus through June 2022.
- To help maintain campus demographic information used for funding, schools will collect income verification information.
- Edgar Larrea (bilingual): 512-414-0308 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Austin ISD students will receive free school meals through the 2021-22 school year.
Adult Breakfast: $2.25
Adult Lunch: $3.85
Prepayments & Refunds
How can parents and guardians access their child’s meal account?
- To view balances or add money to a meal account, a SchoolCafé account must be created by visiting www.schoolcafe.com.
- Once an account is created, the SchoolCafé mobile application can be downloaded on Apple and Android devices.
- Through SchoolCafé, parents and guardians can make payments, view purchase history, receive low balance alerts, apply for meal benefits, submit verification paperwork and access school menus.
- Online payments are subject to a processing fee.
- Cash payments will not be accepted at curbside meal sites.
How do parents and guardians request a refund for funds on a student meal account from last school year?
- Food Service will not provide cash refunds at this time.
- All refunds will be issued by check. This may take 4-6 weeks to be received by USPS mail.
- Refunds are only issued to the student's caregiver that Food Service can verify has made a payment into the student's account through SchoolCafe.
- Info needed to request a refund:
- Student's name, school attending, caregiver name and the address to which the refund should be sent
- Refunds may be requested one of the following ways:
- Online at SchoolCafe - Select the "Donate or Request Unused Funds" option below the student's information.
- If a caregiver has never made a payment through SchoolCafe, the system will not allow a refund request to be submitted.
- Online through the Food Service Contact Us form.
- The email address used in the form is checked to see if it matches the primary e-mail for that student or has been used in SchoolCafe.
- By phone, calling Food Service at 512-414-0251.
Resources for setting up a SchoolCafé account:
- SchoolCafé Step-by-Step Guide (English / Spanish) shows how to:
- Create a SchoolCafé account
- Add a student to your SchoolCafé account
- Add funds to your student's account
- Set up automatic prepayments
- More helpful SchoolCafé information can be found by signing into your account, or as a guest, and clicking How-to and FAQs at the top of the page at the link below: