Bowie ID Badge Policy
- Students will be required to wear their badges at all times on the campus.
- ID’s must be worn so that they are visible from the front. (ID's Not Allowed on Backpacks)
- Students with off campus privileges will have a different color badge.
- Students will be provided with a lanyard and a school ID. Students may wear their own lanyard as long as it is appropriate.
- Students must have an ID to be in the library, to check out book, and/or print.
- Students must have an ID to check out a chrome book or text book.
- Students must have their ID to purchase lunch.
- Students must have their ID to leave the classroom for restroom breaks/water/etc.
- Any staff member can escort a student to the office if they see them without an ID badge (not mandatory)
Procedures/Enforcement for Teachers and Staff
- All teachers will check to make sure students have ID badges and should not let students into their room without a badge.
- Students without a badge during the first period of the day will need to go to the main office to purchase a new ID for $5 or receive a temporary ID for the day.
- Students will be allowed 1 free temporary ID (1 each semester) before being required to purchase a new one.
- Once students have used their 1 free pass they will need to purchase replacement ID for $5.
- Replacement ID’s and lanyards may be purchased in the library or the main office before school, during lunch, and afterschool. ID replacements cost $5. Lanyard replacements cost $2. They can be purchased at the front office with cash or online through School Cash Online. (Links to an external site.)
- If students get swept or sent to the office and must use their “free pass”, an email will go home to remind the parent that students must have their ID at all times and that they will need to purchase a new ID badge if it has been lost.
- If the student does not have their ID for a 2nd time, they will be given the opportunity to purchase one in the library or main office. If they are not able to purchase one, or a family member is unable to bring the one they left, they will be taken ISS for repeated failure to follow direction